We have been carefully watching the development and media surrounding the spread of the Covid-19 virus.
We are currently in a phase of “business as usual” until guidance suggests otherwise, but believe that all responsible businesses have a social duty to adapt the way that they conduct themselves, to protect our clients, contractors and team members, as well as their families, and to that end, we would like to make the following revised statement.
1) All routine property visits (periodic letting inspections) will now be postponed until further notice. If you have a property visit booked or due, please await further correspondence with regards to the date of re-booking. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any urgent maintenance issues
2) Viewings in vacant properties will continue as normal, unless either the applicant or current occupier fall into any of the following categories
a. They have traveled overseas in the past 8 weeks
b. They have any symptoms of Covid-19 (no matter how mild)
c. They have been in contact with anyone with the symptoms of Covid-19
d. They have been advised by a healthcare professional (or NHS 111) to self isolate.
3) Viewings in occupied properties will be reviewed on a case by case basis.
4) Video/Skype viewings are now available on request
5) Non-emergency maintenance will be reviewed on a case by case basis.
6) All staff have been requested to avoid both hand shaking and close contact with others (1 metre distance as recommended by government sources). Please do not take offence at this; we are trying to keep our team safe and prevent the spread of the virus.
7) Should members of our team need to self-isolate, they will be able to do so with our full support. Please bear with us through this period as we prioritise work to ensure our service levels are not affected.
8) Should any of our tenants have a problem making their rental or service charge payments relating to Covid-19, we request you contact us as soon as possible to discuss the options.
9) In the extreme circumstance that we are required to close the office, we have contingency plans to enable to the business to continue operating on a skeleton basis and would be able to update you should this situation occur. This would involve team members working remotely. All staff are fully equipped to continue the same service from home, should this be necessary.
10) The safety and health of both our team and those we meet is paramount, therefore we will do all we can as a business to ensure our actions minimise the impact of Covid-19 on all our clients.
For Your Information:
SYMPTOMS OF COVID-19
• Dry cough
• High temperature/fever
• Shortness of breath
HOW TO PROTECT YOURSELF FROM COVID-19
• Regular hand washing with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
• Using regular hand sanitiser gel
• Cover your mouth or nose with tissue rather than your hand when coughing and sneezing
• Put tissues in sealed bin as soon as possible
• Avoid close contact with others who are unwell
• Avoid touching your face
WHAT TO DO IF YOU THINK YOU HAVE COVID-19
• Remain at home and self-isolate
• Do not visit your GP or hospital
• Use the NHS 111 online Corona Virus service for further advice: